Platform security seminar
During the session current approaches in mobile security and privacy are going to be presented. The keynote lecture by Jan-Erik Ekberg (Nokia Research Center) about OnBoardCredentials security platform is to be supported by presentations in the area of mobile OS security, cloud security aspects and web applications verification.
In this hands-on training session we will explore the development environment and coding language for making credential programs in the OnBoardCredentials context, and further to provision them to the platform. The participants get to write their own small authentication credential that is provisioned and run in an emulated instance of ObC (ASSEMBLER and BASIC languages).
The training agenda
Sesssion will be held in Nokia office, Hermia 5, Auditorium A156, on November 8 from 10.00 till 18.00. Don't forget to register yourself to the session. The session program is as follows:
- Overview of OnBoardCredentials Platform, Jan-Erik Ekberg, Nokia Research Center, Finland
- Accountability and host identities, Seppo Heikkine, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- MeeGo 1.2 (Harmattan) OS Platform Security Architecture, Timofey Turenko, FRUCT, Finland
- The Security Aspects of Cirrostratus Private Cloud Storage, Vitaly Petrov, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Detection and Notification of Additional Actions of Signed Java Applets, Roman Zharinov, State University of Aerospace Instrumentation, Russia
- Lunch break
- OnBoardCredentials hands-on training, Jan-Erik Ekberg, Nokia Research Center, Vitaly Petrov, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
Training participants are supposed to carry a laptop with Linux OS installed and have some programming skills with any language. No ASSEMBLER or BASIC background is required.