You are here
Training positions to the students of technology and science.
For the applicant
For the IAESTE program application period is annually in February-March.
Application period 2012 starts on 6th February at 10 a.m. and ends 17th February at 16.15 p.m. Applicants will get results regarding their applications during week 9.
If there are positions unfilled a re-round will be held in March 2012.
General criteria for applicants
You are eligible to apply for the IAESTE exchange program if you:
- are at least 18 years old
- are a fulltime student in a university or an institute of higher education
- are recently graduated
- have completed 2 or 3 years of studies
- are able to communicate well in English
Foreign students are eligible to participate in IAESTE exchange as long as they are degree students in Finland. Foreign exchange students are not eligible to apply for IAESTE trainee positions.
Some other countries may also have regulations about the nationality of the applicant. Please read carefully the information given on each offer to see if you are eligible to apply.
The round is open for all institutions of higher education but students of the institutions that have obtained domestic trainee positions will be prioritized. The remaining candidates will be chosen without priority. 2012 the prioritized institutions are:
- Aalto-university, Schools of Technology
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
- Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences
- Tampere University of Applied Sciences
- University of Oulu, Faculty of Technology and
- Åbo Akademi University
1. Familiarize yourself with the available trainee positions before filling in the application form. Apply only for those positions that you are both: qualified for and able to participate in.
2. Read all instructions carefully before filling in the application form.
The application is sent attached with English versions of a:
- student record transcript
- letter to the employer of every position you have applied for
Please prepare the required attachments before filling the application.
3. You can apply to four (4) IAESTE trainee positions. You can only apply by filling in the online application form.
4. Print out the application form and send it with the attachments to: CIMO/IAESTE, P.O. Box 343, 00531 Helsinki. Please submit your application by 17th February 2012 at 16.15. Also envelopes stamped on 17th February will be accepted.
Students of the following universities will be advised to submit the hard copies to following addresses:
Aalto University Schools of Technology, Linda Wuoristo-Dahkvist, Aalto Career Services, P.O. Box 13350, 00076 AALTO (Visiting address: Otakaari 7B, open Mon-Thu 12-14 p.m. or upon request)
Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Tiina Aalto/Heidi Martin, P.O. Box 4000, 00079 Metropolia.
Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, Tapio Pihlajaniemi, P.O. Box 64, 60101 Seinäjoki (Visiting adress: Kampusranta 9 A).
5. Only one candidate is chosen to each position. The application of the chosen will be forwarded to the employers. CIMO will inform each applicant personally the results concerning all positions applied during week 9.
More information you can find using the following the link.