You are here
Non-Member State Postdoc Fellowship Programme (Theoretical Physics)
Are you a young university graduate in Theoretical Physics from a Non-Member State looking for a postdoc opportunity for one or two years? In which case, you may be interested in CERN’s Non-Member State Fellowship Programme in Theoretical Physics.
Please read important information about the deadline for this application which is 7 December 2012
The Non-Member State Fellowship Programme in Theoretical Physics awards two postdoctoral Fellowships per year. Fellowships are intended for young University level postgraduates who want to work in a research group. Fellowships are granted for one year initially and are normally extended for a second year.
- You should NOT be a national of a CERN Member State. Nationals from the CERN Member States (irrespective of their current place of study and/or residence) should apply to the 'standard' Fellowship Programme.
- You have a PhD (or are about to finish your thesis) and are looking for a postdoctoral position.
- You have a maximum of 10 years of research experience after the degree which gives access to doctoral programmes (MSc or equivalent).
- a completed electronic application form
- a Curriculum Vitae
- a list of publications if relevant (for collaborations, please indicate simply the number of publications and only provide details of the most important ones)
- a photocopy of the last (highest) qualification
- a short (half page) description of your motivation for coming to CERN
- three letters of recommendation to give as broad as possible overview of your academic and/or professional achievements
- A short description of your research interests
The application and ALL supporting documents should reach CERN (or be submitted using the e-recruitment system) by the closing date. Candidates should upload their documents such as their curriculum vitae, publications, research interests etc. directly into our e-recruitment system (e-RT). Recommendation letters can also be uploaded directly or sent to the Recruitment Service by email, fax or postal mail (contact details are available here). Candidates will receive an automatic email when these documents are attached to their application.
What We Offer
- Financial conditions: Fellows salaries are calculated individually - salaries are competitive and tax-free.
- Leave: Fellows are entitled to 2.5 days paid leave per month.
- Insurance: Fellows are covered by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme for themselves and their dependents.
- Travel expenses: Fellows are entitled to travel expenses for themselves and their family (unless stipulated otherwise on their contract).
- Fellows may be entitled to an installation grant, family allowance and child allowance. We also offer help with finding suitable accommodation via the Housing Service.
All applications for this type of Fellowship are considered by the Associates and Fellows Committee which meets once a year in May. However, preliminary discussions with candidates may start early in 2012. Successful applicants will be offered appointments which normally begin in Autumn 2012.
More information you can find by following the link.